Durham Flexible Support Programme
The Durham Flexible Support Programme is available to SMEs based across the county who are keen to explore their innovation potential, but need a helping hand to understand what innovation means for them.
Available to SMEs who are committed to embracing innovation as a whole business process, but lack the ability and/or confidence to make the change.
Twelve hours one-to-one support (typically delivered within a four to six month period) is available to eligible businesses. The support covers four themes and a ‘pick and mix’ approach ensures that support is provided where it is needed most, and is tailored to the specific needs of the business.
The four themes are:
- Horizon Scanning – analysing how emerging trends and developments may potentially affect current activity.
- Strategic Planning – helping SMEs take a structured, sustainable and focused approach to embedding innovation throughout the business.
- Digital Landscape – opening new markets through understanding new and developing technologies.
- Growing Innovative People – creating an innovative culture by cultivating knowledge from within the SME, and then managing it well.
The Durham Flexible Support Programme is available to:
- SMEs operating with a B2B remit
- Located in County Durham
- Can demonstrate a strong commitment to understanding what innovation means for your business and putting it into practice
- Can dedicate 12 hours of time
- Potential impact will result in change
The North East Business and Innovation Centre (BIC) has received £820,439 of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The new programme is part funded through the fund.
Find Out More
For further information about the Durham Flexible Support Programme contact:
Elizabeth Shaw, Innovation Manager at the North East BIC
Tel: 0191 516 6039