New Enterprise Allowance
The New Enterprise Allowance is a national programme ran by JobCentre Plus to help those in receipt of benefits start up new businesses.
You must be aged 18 or over and have a business idea worthy of support and motivation to make it work.
Help you can get
- Get a weekly allowance paid for up to 26 weeks (up to a total of £1,274). £65 per week for 13 weeks. £33 per week for 13 weeks.
- Apply for a loan to help with start up costs (based on acceptable credit rating).
You could get:
- An Adviser to help you develop your business idea and business plan.
- Ongoing support from a mentor throughout the early months of trading.
How it works
Talk to your JobCentre Plus adviser. If they feel your idea is potentially viable they will refer you to us.
The BIC will assess your business idea and if it has potential:
- You’ll be signed up to the scheme and get business mentoring.
You’ll be able to claim financial support if:
- Your business plan is approved
- You start working at your business for 16 hours or more per week.
If you have any questions please contact us on 0191 516 6149 or