Position: Innovation Adviser
Location: North East Business and Innovation Centre (BIC)
Salary: 26,800 (pro rata and dependent on skills and knowledge)
Start Date: TBC
Closing Date: 23 November 2015
Part Time (22.5 hours p.w. – fixed term until September 2018)
Salary £26,800k (& benefits) pro rata & dependent upon skills/knowledge
The North East Business and Innovation Centre is an established, not for profit enterprise agency and offers a range of business support and property services throughout the North East region. Working with a broad range of clients from aspiring entrepreneurs to public sector bodies, the BIC is dedicated to supporting an entrepreneurial culture in the region.
We are looking to recruit an Innovation Adviser to assist the Innovation Manager in taking our already successful Innovation service forward. The role will in the main, assist in the project administration of an ERDF contract which aims to stimulate innovation projects in the North East.
The successful candidate will carry out the following responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To support the Innovation Manager through the management of a medium portfolio of clients within the ERDF Innovation Programme. Including relationship management and building, collection of outputs and claims
• To contribute to events and communication as directed by the Innovation Manager
• To work with internal resources and external associates
• To develop new and nurture existing business contacts and referral bodies
• To assist Innovation Manager in identifying new and existing funding opportunities
Key Performance Indicators:
• To contribute to funding outputs as per current funding structures e.g. ERDF etc.
• Establishing and nurturing strategic partnerships with like-minded innovation associates
• In conjunction with Innovation Manager, assist in positioning the BIC as a main player in the field of innovative thinking and solutions for the benefit of the regions business community
• To assist Innovation Manager with reporting to Senior Management on a monthly basis
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Worked in a business growth environment with experience of ERDF funding and advice to SME’s.
• Proven experience of working within the fields of innovation/business growth within new and emerging industries
• Knowledge of the various funding streams and how to source alternative funding
• Excellent relationship-building and influencing skills at all levels
• Active involvement with and knowledge of Innovation networks and main regional players
• Educated to a good level, GCSE’s or equivalent with a minimum of grade C in English and Maths
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Ability to network confidently
• Self-motivated and able to manage timescales
• Excellent communicator
• Good IT skills
For further details and an application pack, please contact Jacqui Danks (H.R.) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (CV’s will not be accepted).
Deadline: Monday 23rd November 2015 (Interviews 3rd & 4th December2015)
This post is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.