Department: Business Support
Responsible to: Innovation and Enterprise Manager
Full time or part 37 hours per week FT
time considered: Fixed term until March 2025 (possible extension subject to funding)
Salary: £32- 34K per annum FT + benefits including, pension, healthcare, cycle scheme, flexible working plus café and free on-site parking.
The North East BIC has an experienced team of enterprise, innovation and social enterprise professionals who have established themselves as regional leads in the business support sector. Working with funding partners we are looking to deliver a series of new packages of support for aspiring and established entrepreneurs and are currently recruiting new members of staff to join the team to cover the geographical areas of Gateshead and Durham.
Main Purpose of Job:
- Provide advice, coaching and hands on business planning support to entrepreneurs looking to start-up a business and in their first years of development
- Work with owners and managers of established businesses, providing advice and guidance, including brokerage and referrals to other business agencies and professionals to assist in all stages of growth
- Identify client skill levels and personal development needs and support through coaching, action planning & signposting to appropriate solutions
- Prepare comprehensive business and financial plans together with clients
- Design and deliver a range of business skills, start-up and growth workshops, both face to face and online
- Account management of a caseload of clients/ business owners who are at different stages of their business growth journey, from a wide range of sectors
- Understand and adhere to a range of funded project systems and procedures
- Represent the BIC at networking and partner events within the wider northeast business community
- Assist in the development of new services and initiatives as and when required
- Flexible with regard to duties within the department and on occasions may be called upon to support other departments
- Attend relevant awareness/training sessions to update and refresh skills and knowledge. If appropriate, to update others
Desirable Key Skills & Qualifications (although not essential)
- Comprehensive understanding of the practicalities of running and growing a business
- Track record of starting up individuals in business, from concept idea through to trading
- Experience of managing a business
- Positive and proactive approach to enterprise support
- Exemplary interpersonal, communication and active listening skills
- Knowledge of the local and regional business support network and intermediary contacts
- Knowledge of BIC products and services
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with clients, partner organisations & intermediaries
- Good organisational, client management skills and ICT competent
- Strong team player, working well with others and showing respect and support for all colleagues.
To express an interest in these opportunities and to find out more please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 11th January 2024
We look forward to hearing from you!