Full time or part time considered: 37 hours per week FT
Salary: £31,000.00 + benefits including, pension, healthcare, cycle scheme, flexible working plus café and free on-site parking. (Post is part funded by CLLD)
Responsible to: Innovation and Enterprise Manager
Fixed term contract until 31st March 2023 dependant on funding which we are positive about securing, the role will be extended to 31st March 2025.
The North East BIC has an experienced team of enterprise professionals who have established themselves as regional leads in this sector. Working with funding partners we are looking to deliver a series of packages of support for aspiring and established entrepreneurs in Sunderland and recruit two new members of staff to the team.
Main Purpose of Job:
• To manage a start-up and established business grant for businesses in the CLLD areas of Sunderland until March 2023
• To provide advice, mentoring and hands on business planning to individuals looking to start-up a business and those new to trading and in their first years of development
• To work with our tenants providing advice, guidance and support including brokerage and referrals to other business support and professionals
• To identify client skill levels and personal needs to develop appropriate solutions
• To engage and motivate individuals by developing achievable action planning
• To write and produce comprehensive business and financial plans in association with clients
• To understand and adhere to a range of funded project systems and procedures
• To manage a caseload of clients at all stages of the advisory process
• To represent the BIC in networking activities
• To assist with the development of new services and initiatives as and when required
• To be flexible with regard to duties within the department and on occasions may be called upon to support other departments
• To attend any relevant awareness/training sessions to update and refresh skills and knowledge. If appropriate, to update others.
Desirable/Key Skills/Qualifications although not essential:
• Track record of starting up individuals in business, from concept idea through to trading
• Experience of running a business
• Positive and proactive approach about enterprise
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Comprehensive understanding of the practicalities of running a small business
• Knowledge of local network and contacts
• Knowledge of BIC products and services
• Create and maintain relationships with external organisations
• Good organisational skills and ICT competent
• Client Management
• A team player contributing to effective team working
Deadline for completed applications: 8th July 2022
The North East BIC is a Real Living Wage employer. The real living wage is voluntarily paid by businesses who believe that their staff deserve a wage which meets every day needs.