Full Time: (37 hours p.w. Monday to Friday, hours to be agreed at interview)
Salary: £20,971.56 per annum
The North East Business and Innovation Centre is an established, not for profit enterprise agency and offers a range of business support and property services throughout the North East region. Working with a broad range of clients from aspiring entrepreneurs to public sector bodies, the BIC is dedicated to supporting an entrepreneurial culture in the region.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual with a proven track record in Customer Service. Working as part of a busy team within the North East Business & Innovation Centre this is a varied role. The North East BIC is a busy environment offering serviced business premises, conference facilities and business support to the 140 companies on site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the smooth running of the department and to support the wider team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updating property management systems with client and property details
- Franking and distribution of mail on behalf of staff and clients
- Assist with the collating of information in relation to client invoicing
- Providing general admin support for the department relating to property enquiries, facilities and health and safety
- Provide ad-hoc services to clients, including: faxing, printing, photocopying, scanning etc.
- Client and call handling
- Sales and purchasing for the department
- General cover within the department
- Assist with all aspects of booking hire rooms
- Providing costs and details for clients
- Booking of rooms, buffets, IT services etc.
- Invoicing for rooms and buffets
- Setting up credit accounts for clients
- ensuring all rooms are ready for hire
- General reception duties including:
- Switchboard handling
- Meet and greet all visitors at reception
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- High level of customer service skills
- Self motivating and strong work ethic
- Identify and respond to customer requests in a professional and customer focused manner
- Ensuring quality and accuracy of information is maintained at all times
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach with the ability to work as part of a team
- Previous experience of dealing with customers
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A polite and friendly manner
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Ensure that professional standards are maintained at all times
- IT literate and good working knowledge of business software packages, including Word, Excel and Windows
- Good general level of education including Math’s and English to GCSE Level
For further details of the vacancy or to send a CV and covering letter please email:
Deadline for completed applications: 12th January 2024